top of page

2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season Overview (Part One)

Every year from the beginning of June to the end of November, the Atlantic Hurricane Season is in effect. While we are currently in the middle of this current season, storms have already come through with others still on the way. In this article, we will begin to go over a general overview of this current Atlantic Hurricane Season according to data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

According to NOAA predictions, this season will have between 14 to 21 named storms, of which 5 to 9 have the potential to become hurricanes, and out of those, 1 to 4 could become major hurricanes (category 3 and above). So far, there have been two major hurricanes: Idalia and Franklin. While Franklin did not make landfall like Idalia did to the big bend region of Florida, Franklin still caused damage through strong rip currents throughout the east coast.

Comparatively, this season is a toss up on whether it is more or less intense than previous seasons. The NOAA predicts a 40% chance of a normal season, 30% chance of a stronger than average season, and 30% of a below average season. As the season continues, we will see continued developments.

We hope you found this first part on the 2023 Atlantic Hurricane season and its projections to be insightful. At P3 Elevation, we are committed to protecting and restoring your home from storms and water damage. With almost three decades of experience and over 2000 homes under our belts, we are here to give you peace of mind. From home lifting and moving, flood damage recovery, and modular home elevation, our FEMA-qualified professionals are ready to serve you. Reach out through our form or give us a call to speak with our experts and schedule your consultation today!

bottom of page